I’m in tears as I write this one folks I’m not gonna lie. I’ve had to walk away to compose myself multiple times as I am completely overrun with love and emotion. MY LITTLE MAN IS FOUR YEARS OLD!!! How did this happen? I just can’t believe my baby boy isn’t a little baby anymore!!! It seems like yesterday he was just a bitty little thing completely dependent on myself and his Daddy for every single thing imaginable. Now here we are four years later and not a day goes by that he doesn’t put an instant smile on our faces. If you ask him “what” he is he will proudly reply with, “smart, talented, loving, polite and handsome like my Daddy!”
Hunter is just as stubborn and independent as the both of us combined. He is extremely inquisitive and asks questions constantly. His love of learning grows each and every day. He is one smart little boy and has taken his problem solving skills to a whole other level. If he can’t figure something out himself he will look it up on YouTube first before even asking us for help. He loves to dance putting Mommy’s moves to shame. His current song obsession is “Old Town Road”. We listen to it all day every day and have been for weeks on end. No joke! ALL DAY, EVERY DAY FOR WEEKS!!! But hey, it could be worse…it could be “Baby Shark” or something along those lines. Am I right?!?
As his vocabulary and communication skills continue to grow he is not just learning English, but we’re working on Spanish and Sign Language as well! He works on his school lessons daily via www.abcmouse.com and is almost done with Pre-K! He is quite the little foodie and we couldn’t be happier about that. The singular food item he sometimes turns his nose up at is Tomatoes. He loves trying out new foods including all things spicy like his Mommy. He is extremely caring and kind and always willing to help others out. He is constantly helping Mommy out around the house especially in the kitchen! He also loves streaming video games with Daddy. Ever the dare devil, Mommy and Daddy have had no choice but to opt for “feet first”, “hands out”, “tuck and roll” methods over “Hunter proofing”. He definitely keeps us on our toes that’s for sure!
Hunter George Stommel – Nothing could’ve prepared me for how tough it would be as a parent to watch you grow. I constantly struggle with wanting you to be my baby forever and being over the moon excited at all you have and will accomplish. Mommy and Daddy love you to pieces and are so proud of the little man you are growing up to be. We can’t wait to see what the future has in store for you. Happy 4th Birthday Bug! Here’s to many many more!!!
So I thought it would be fun to do add one of those fill in the blank/Q&A dealios here not just to share with ya’ll where Hunter’s head is currently at but to also be able to look back upon this year after year and compare his answers. The following questions were asked of Hunter. His responses were given on his own without coaxing, persuasion or coaching.
- What is your name? Hunter
- How old are you? 4
- What are you? Strong, talented, loving, polite and handsome like my Dad.
- When is your birthday? The month of January.
- How old is Mommy? Old
- How old is Daddy? 4
- What is your favorite color? Red
- What is Mommy’s favorite color? Purple and Pink
- What is Daddy’s favorite color? Green
- Whats your favorite food? Broccoli and Pizza
- What is your favorite drink? “Mommy’s Water” (Flavored Water)
- What is your favorite fruit? Apples, Bananas and Lemons
- What is your favorite vegetable? Asparagus
- Who is your best friend? Mateo
- What’s your favorite animal? Athena and Taz
- What is your favorite game? Minecraft
- What is your favorite sport? Baseball and Soccer
- What is your favorite candy? Gummy Bears, M&Ms and Lollipops
- What are you scared of? Monsters
- What is your favorite television show? Blippi
- What makes you sad? When you’re angry at me.
- What makes you happy? When you’re happy at me.
- Where is your favorite place to go? Zoo
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Doctor and Firefighter
- What does love really mean? You